Ticket Donations to Non-Profits
Pittsburgh Public Theater is proud to support fund raising events that benefit other non-profit 501(c)3 organizations in our region through the donation of performance vouchers for select shows.
While we would like to grant all requests, as a non-profit organization Pittsburgh Public Theater must limit the number of donated performance vouchers. It is Pittsburgh Public Theater's policy to donate only to other non-profit 501(c)3 organizations. With a limited number of donations available each season, priority will be given as follows:
- Non-profit arts organizations
- Non-profit education organizations
- Non-profit medical organizations
- Sponsors of Pittsburgh Public Theater raising funds for not-for-profit organizations
Although these organizations will be given priority, not all requests can be filled.
Pittsburgh Public Theater is a 501(c)3 organization.
Eligibility Guidelines for Applying for a Donation
Pittsburgh Public Theater is currently accepting requests to donate performance vouchers in support of fund raising activities being held from August 2012 — June 2013 from registered 501(c)3 charities.
Due to the success of our donation program and the high number of requests that we receive, Pittsburgh Public Theater can only support a maximum of one fundraiser within 12 months per eligible beneficiary group. Please note that the beneficiary group of your fundraiser may have already received a donation through another event since multiple events often benefit one group.
To make a donation request you must submit a request in writing printed on the official letterhead of the group benefiting from the fundraiser or the group organizing the fundraiser. Each letter must briefly:
- Provide the name and date of the event and describe the event.
- Describe the beneficiary of the event, their 501(c)3 Tax ID number and how proceeds from the event will be used.
- Provide the name, daytime phone number and email address of one specific contact person.
- Provide the mailing address to which our reply should be sent.
- Provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Fax to: 412.316.8217, Attn: Katie Conaway, Donation Request
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pittsburgh Public Theater
Attn: Katie Conaway, Donation Requests
621 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Donation requests must be received at least four weeks prior to your event to allow sufficient time to process your request.
All requests are processed, when we are able, within 3-4 weeks. Because of the large volume of requests, we are not able to contact every organization that submits a request. No phone calls please. All donations must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value.