Why Support The Public
Pittsburgh Public Theater is committed to producing diverse theatrical experiences of the highest caliber. Each year, more than 100,000 people visit The Public to experience our exceptional productions and programs -- including more than 13,000 young people.
Subscriptions and ticket sales cover just half of Pittsburgh Public Theater's production and operating costs. We rely on the generosity of a Supporting Cast of individual donors, companies large and small, private foundations and government agencies. Their support enables The Public to produce artistically-diverse theatrical programs and unique educational experiences for the Greater Pittsburgh region.
Your gift to Pittsburgh Public Theater will help us to continue to:
- Stimulate the cultural scene and the economy in our region
- Attract world-class actors, directors, designers, and theatrical artists to Pittsburgh
- Create the professional scenery, costumes, lighting, sound, and special effects that you enjoy on our stage
- Engage younger audiences and share the love of theater by helping to provide the most generous youth discount in the city - $15.75 for full-time students and anyone age 26 and under.
- Offer innovative arts education experiences, such as the Shakespeare Monologues & Scene Contest and Creative Dramatics
- Develop new works that impact the national theater scene