Become an Arts Champion
The Arts are Essential - And So Is Your Voice!
If you believe passionately in the value of the performing arts to our region, you can make a significant impact by becoming an Arts Champion.
As a citizen with voting rights, your voice is critical. You have the right - and the obligation - to speak to your elected officials about issues that are important to you.
- Educate yourself about legislative and economic issues that affect the well-being of the non-profit arts sector -
- Monitor ongoing legislation and its impact on the arts organizations you care about -
- Vote for policy initiatives that promote government support for the arts -
- Speak directly to your local, state and federal elected officials to be sure they know how important the arts are to you and your family.
- Participate in national events and campaigns designed to rally public support for arts funding.
For more information about current issues that could impact The Public and other arts organizations, please feel free to contact Bob Neu, Director of Foundations and Government Relations, at 412.316.8200, ext. 733.
Even better, become a regular visitor to the websites of these arts-advocacy agencies:
For the Citizen's Guide to Arts Advocacy, click here.
And to contact the legislatvie officials that are directly responsible to you, click here.
Remember, every voice is important - especially yours!