Auditions & Employment
Box Office Assistant (Part-Time)
Pittsburgh Public Theater is seeking a friendly and experienced Box Office Assistant to join our part-time staff. Availability of hours is contingent upon performance schedule and need, averaging 15 hours a week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing highest quality of customer service for patrons.
• Maintaining a proficient and working knowledge of Tessitura (ticketing database) systems.
• Helping manage ticket inventory and providing ticketing services for subscribers and single ticket patrons
• Observing Public Theater’s ticketing policies, and PCI compliance.
• Researching and updating patron accounts, including exchanges, payments, adding and removing tickets, etc.
Essential skills and experience:
• 2+ years experience in customer service or sales required.
• 1+ year of professional box office experience is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Tessitura ticketing system preferred.
• Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
• Excellent active listening skills and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Interest and/or an appreciation of theater
Please submit resume and cover letter to Marty Savolskis.
Pittsburgh Public Theater Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you to everyone who participated in Pittsburgh Public Theater's Equity Principal Auditions!
If you would like to submit a headshot and resume for consideration, please submit your materials to:
Pittsburgh Public Theater
621 Penn Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Or email Shaun Hall.